Welcome to the RRWES Empowerment Center. We provide transformative Empowerment Programs, Classes, Workshops, Seminars and Conferences to help Women, Girls & Families live their best life. Below please find our current offerings.
The Grace Program is an extension of the Homeless Liaison Services provided to the McKinney-Vento eligible Parents of students at George Washington Carver Academy.
The Grace Program provides:
- Mentoring/Coaching/Advocacy for Homeless Parents of GWCA Students and; -
- Emergency housing financial assistance as funds are available.
Participants of the Grace Program are referred to us by the GWCA Homeless Liaison.
MENTORS CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
MENTEES CLICK HERE TO APPLY:
The Release & Refresh Women’s Empowerment Series, Inc. (RRWES) Mentoring program is designed to help women 18 and over, move toward achieving their chosen goals. We are looking to inspire, encourage and empower women with hope that anything and everything is possible. We invite all women 18 and over with the desire to develop, learn and grow to achieve their life goals based on our organizations’ five pillars to sign up!
5) Financial Literary
S.H.I.N.E. is a 12-month mentoring program for Middle Girls ages 10-14. This empowerment program is based on Social Emotional Learning that prepares girls to conquer the challenges of adolescence and young adulthood. Our 1:1 mentoring program gives girls and young adults positive role models to guide them in achieving and maintaining a Healthy Mind, Body, Spirit and Social integrity that develops their leadership, self-esteem, self-confidence and vocational pathway to achieve their goals.
REFRESHING ENTRANCE - Ages 10-14
Entering Middle School is a game changer, an entrance into a challenging phase of adolescence. This is a very vulnerable time for our young ladies as they are navigating physical development and an onslaught of peer pressure & innovative ideas. This is a volatile time where emotions and relationships are challenged, and many times scarred.
We provide this delicate group with the support and strategies for healing and victory.
S.H.I.N.E. Mentoring will help Girls:
· Communicate effectively and improve inter-personal and problem-
· Make decisions and set goals
· Embrace a healthy self-esteem, self-worth d self-confidence
· Value education and have a better attitude about school
· Build stronger relationships with parents, teachers and peers
· Enhance understanding of etiquette
· Improve behavior both at home and at school.
· Better attitude about school
OUR S.H.I.N.E. MENTORING MODEL
A SHINE Mentor is a caring adult who has:
· the ability to listen and to offer friendship, guidance, and
encouragement to a young person
· a genuine desire to be involved and help youth
· respect for youth and their cultures and backgrounds
· empathy and authenticity
· compatible personalities, interests, and expectations
· prior experience in helping roles or occupations
· flexibility and openness; and
the ability to see solutions and opportunities and help youth to see
them as well
The S.H.I.N.E. MENTOR Program
S.H.I.N.E. is a community-based 1:1 mentoring program.
· The mentor is thoroughly vetted through a comprehensive application
process: Background check; Interview, and Reference Checks.
· Mentors go through Mentoring Training and receives ongoing updates
on best practices
· Parents/Guardian permission and active participation are required
· Mentors commit to at least a one-year mentoring experience; attend
RRWES events with their mentee; and initiate
at least one in-person contact per month
· Mentors focus on positive social, academic, career, and life skills as
appropriate for the age of the girl
The S.H.I.N.E. Mentoring Program was created by Rev. Linda Seatts-Ogletree, M.A., M.A.D.R., President & CEO of Release & Refresh Women’s Empowerment Series, Inc.